Monday, July 11, 2011

...in the city of broad shoulders

We're a perfect match already. Chicago and I that is.

Why, you may ask?

1. Chicago has broad shoulders. 

photo credit - eyesthetically pleasing 

This nickname for Chicago was coined in Carl Sandburg's famous 1916 poem:
 
HOG Butcher for the World, 
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat, 
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler; 
Stormy, husky, brawling
City of the Big Shoulders:


Even Paul Elie from the NY Times admires the city of broad shoulders. check it out.



2. I have broad shoulders.

told ya


My closest friends/family have probably heard me refer to myself as the female version of Michael Phelps (minus the gold medals).  Debated among many, but i still hold strong to this conviction.  I mean i do have a 6 foot arm span & broad shoulders.

I plan on replicating this picture myself. Really. Well once I find a pool, and a swim cap.

No articles have been written about the admiration of my broad shoulders.



So, like I said, we are a perfect match.

I look forward to sharing our adventures in the city of broad shoulders.

Disclaimer: I choose Business and not English as my major for a reason if you catch my drift

No comments:

Post a Comment